Spraying the Rays

The Alternative Radiographer

04 March 2007

FILM REVIEW

Young Frankenstein (Mel Brooks 1974)


One day all radiology will be done like this...

Hello readers!

Sorry about the backlog with the film reviews. I'll try and make a bit of an effort and see if I can catch up. At least to 1975.

Thanks to Robert Swipe and S for lending me the DVD. Mind you if they think they're getting it back they can think again. What I'm going to do readers, is swap it with another DVD and give them the box back. Hee hee! They'll never know; like everyone else, Bob stopped reading my blog months ago. I think it was when it got funnier than his.* Or was it because I stopped using pics of Gabrielle Drake? Anyway they'll just blame each other for not putting the right disc back in the box and have a good old domestic.

Oh yes, the film. Most amusing. Shame they couldn't afford to make it in colour. And the re-animation apparatus: well I'd often wondered what the circuitry in our Nuclear Medicine equipment had been used for before. Still works though! Some of the time, anyway.

Interesting early use of computer animation for Marty Feldman's eyes, shame they overdid it, they just aren't believable.



Mama...he's making eyes at me...


We are lucky to have been able to see this film; apparently one of Mr Brooks' previous projects was a film about a musical about Hitler. Honestly, you'd think his agent would have a word, eh reader? No wonder that one sank without trace. Nice of them to give him a second chance with this one.

Spraying the Rays says: 8/10

Next week: Jenny Hanley and my part in her downfall.

*Late blogging result: Swipe, Robert (Independent) 100,114 visits: Photon, Stray (Daily Star) 2,309, and I confirm the aforementioned candidate has been duly elected to represent the constituency of Blog.

Swipe steps up to microphone, sneering:

"Now who's funny, eh Photon?"

"I would like to thank the returning officer and the police for running a most efficient election. I would also like to congratulate the other candidates, except that arse of a radiographer Scraggy Mutton, for the civilised way in which they have run their campaigns."

Swipe draws himself up to his full height (4'11"), takes a deep breath and fixes his gaze on a point at the back of the hall to give the impresssion that there are lots more people in than is the case (just like he used to do with the Ariels);

"People of Blog; we now have an opportunity to turn our back on the failed policies of yesterday and face the challenges that lie ahead of us with renewed vigour blah blah blah..." etc. etc.

2 Comments:

At 12:30 pm, March 06, 2007, Blogger West said...

You try to do someone a good turn....


L.U.V. on ya

Frau Blucher ("Neeeeyyyyyyyyeeeeeeaaaarrrggghhhhhhhhh!")

 
At 8:11 pm, March 11, 2007, Blogger Molly Bloom said...

That is a funny film. :)

Now come on Stray, are you going to sponsor me to dress up as a hot dog for Comic Relief then? It's all for charidee. And wouldn't the thought of me walking down the street as a large sausage bring a smile to the face? And...I've made the costume myself.

Pleeeeeeeease.

PS - you better give that DVD back, you never know when Bob will want to borrow one of yours. You might get 'Ring of Bright Water' replaced with 'Confessions of a Window Cleaner'

Hey, hang on...that's quite a cool swap.

I once let someone borrow a video from me (remember those?) and years later I went to put it on and it wouldn't play. I opened up the disk and the tape was snapped in half. The bugger. Tried to cover it up. It wasn't you, was it? :)

Are you going to replace my 'Six Million Dollar Man' box-set or what?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blog Directory