Spraying the Rays

The Alternative Radiographer

21 March 2007

Favourite Operating Systems


Hello Readers!

Those naughty boys at the back of the class, Istvanski and Howesey, have been spreading unkind rumours that I am obsessed with the Association Football Club Hull City and one of their players in particular, so let me redress the balance right away by publishing a post on a completely unrelated topic; Favourite Operating Systems.


As a computer nerd and failed musician, I am hardly ever asked, "Stray, what's your favourite Microsoft operating system of all time?"

A difficult question to answer, eh readers?

Let's consider some of the contenders.

For many people the fondest memories are those of their first operating system; the first interface between the keyboard and the chip; the first enablement of the power of the personal computer. In 1997 I finally said to my faithfull Amstrad PCW256 "You're fired" and invested in my first PC. So for that reason alone, a strong contender has to be:


Microsoft Windass 95


But the 95 verson of Windass had it's limitations; although it worked straight out of the box, it had a tendency to overheat. So a mere 3 years later along came:


Windass 98

As you can see this featured an early attempt at enabling wireless networking. Unfortunately this made it very unstable, so this was quickly modifed to:


Windass 98SE

for many still the OS of choice. Then came

Windass Millennium

and to bring us up to date, here is the current weapon of choice, the refined and smooth running Windass OAP!


Bye!

Next week: Number 1 of an occasional series:Classic George Formby Songs: "When I'm Cleaning Windass"

3 Comments:

At 12:17 pm, March 22, 2007, Blogger Istvanski said...

Thanks for that, Stray!

I saw the relation between Walken's graceful flying and Windass's lungeful diving when he attacked Bournemouth's Neil Young.

The search is now on for a Christopher Windass for the MySpace generation.

 
At 4:59 pm, March 22, 2007, Blogger Howesy said...

What happened to Windass Vistvanski?
BTW, my word verification for this is furhf, which is oddly enough the noise my arse makes when I see a photo of Dean Windarse.

 
At 12:40 pm, March 23, 2007, Blogger West said...

"As a computer nerd and failed musician, I am hardly ever asked, "Stray, what's your favourite Microsoft operating system of all time?""

I think you're needed over at Spinny's Stray - asap...

(Put in a good word for me there's a good chap....)

L.U.V. on ya,

Bob

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blog Directory