Spraying the Rays

The Alternative Radiographer

22 January 2007

A day at the Palace

Hello readers!


Istvanski: starry eyed after visions of Windass


I met that Istvanski the other day. I wasn't sure I would recognise him. It was easy though; he was wearing the same hat he wears on his blog picture.

He took me for a drink in a pub called No Away Supporters. At least that's what it said on the door. I can't find it in the Good Beer Guide though. Istvanski told me to keep my voice down if I wanted to talk, and if I mentioned Hull City, to say "they" and not "we".

Funny place, South London. And Istvanski turned out to be a diamond geezer, as I believe is the phrase round those parts.

But have you ever wondered why he wears that big hat?

Well now I can tell you.

That's the shape his head is!

Poor guy. And supporting Crystal Palace too.

Still, at least on Saturday he got to see the legendary Dean Windass back in his natural habitat; an amber and black Hull City shirt. A sight not easily forgotten.

As Howesey will testify.

Crystal Palace 1, Hull City 1.

Unfortunately I can't find any pictures of Deano from Saturday's game, so here's one I prepared earlier:


Deano; hit woodwork on 45 mins


Oops, sorry, wrong Deano!


Windass; "Memories are made of this."

That's better!

3 Comments:

At 11:12 am, January 23, 2007, Blogger Howesy said...

So, Mr Windass hit the woodwork did he? Did he run smack into the post, or leap into the crossbar? I hope there was no facial damage, we wouldn't want him to spoil his good looks.
How come Hull and Palace are so gentlemanly that they refuse to beat each other? Where's the harpsichord in that?!?!

 
At 3:03 pm, January 23, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He certainly doesn't get any more handsome that's for sure.

(I mean Deano by the way, not your Cat in the Hat friend, before he sets Thing One and Thing Two on me in a fit of pique)

 
At 11:26 pm, January 24, 2007, Blogger Istvanski said...

I'll have you know that my image is based on an ancient group of New York gangsters called The Plug Uglies. They inturn, based their look on Deano Windass.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blog Directory