Spraying the Rays

The Alternative Radiographer

30 January 2007

BLOGGERS on the BOOZE!





Hello there readers!

Have you ever wondered what drinks your favourite bloggers relax with after a hard day at the blogface?

Well bloggees, for your benefit I have put my liver and sanity at no small risk in order to research this very topic. Over the last week or so I have had the honour of raising a glass or two with some of the finest bloggers in the land:

FRIDAY, Twickenham

To the Prince of Wales with the delightful Swipe siblings. Bob, as his many devotees already know, makes no secret of his fondness for Drambuie breezers. Such is his reputation round this part of West London that the cocktail shaker is already a blur by the time he gets to the bar. His charming sister 'Berta however is more of an enigma. I wondered to myself what would be the tipple...Brandy and Babycham? White wine spritzer? Wrong both times. "Would you get me a Harpic and lemonade, dearie?" she croaked. Well that explains the husky vocals, as featured on her latest smash hits MCG and My Hero Let Me Down.


Roberta enjoys a drink before applying her makeup



SATURDAY, Selhurst

Sarf London for pre-match refeshments with Istvanski. In our chosen hostelry, the enigmatically named "HOME FANS ONLY: NO NORTHERN SCUM", Istvanksi's favourite drink turned out to be something called Lager-Mate, although I got a bit of a funny look from the barmaid when I asked for a pint of it.

THURSDAY, Twickenham

Today I meet the enigmatic Gentleman Mike, the artist formerly known as I-Pimp-For-Hobbits, in the Prince Albert. GM likes to wet his whistle with a pint of Fullers Chiswick ale. A fine choice, as I'm sure you will agree. One day He Will Blog Again.

FRIDAY, Twickenham

A splendid evening with Howesey "Howesey" Howes at the Prince Albert again. Yes! Him out of the Dave Howes Band! Difficult to have much of a conversation with this charming young man punctuated as the evening was with women throwing themselves at him, attempting to trip him up and lie on the floor before he landed there, etc. But imagine my discomfort at his request for a Gin and Tonic House Double. Thankfully my accountant advises me that the price of Polonium-210 has gone through the roof recently for some reason, so I could afford to buy a round.

Howesey adjusts his thong for the nice policeman


There are lots of other bloggers out there with whom I have not been fortunate enough to share a drink. But knowing them as we do from their blogs, shall we have an educated guess?

DCI "Tess" Tennison: surely a straight Scotch, as would befit any self-respecting hard drinking copper and scourge of Polonium pushers everywhere.


Tennison: "you're nicked, Photon..."

RockMother: A robust Aussie Shiraz is my guess. And of course RoMo may be able to fit in a few more pieces of the jigsaw for us; what were the other bloggers knocking back at the legendary Blogger's Convention at the Dove in Hammersmith a couple of weeks ago?

Molly Bloom; no idea, but I'll have a pint of it, whatever it is.




Bottoms Up!

11 Comments:

At 12:40 am, January 31, 2007, Blogger Trac said...

Just thought I'd drop by and say hello.

I'm a Fullers girl myself!

I like to take some pride in myself from time to time...
London Pride!

 
At 1:00 pm, January 31, 2007, Blogger Howesy said...

Just to clear things up. Friday is G&T day. Saturday is a nice fruity red wine day... and so on throught the week.

btw, my word verification is ofooky, which is, by some sort of freaky coincidence, the nickname of my friend Nell.

 
At 3:47 pm, January 31, 2007, Blogger Stray Photon said...

...and which day is Pina Colada day? Of course any day is London Pride day...I'm a Fullers boy! (except of course when I'm drinking Twickenham Fine Ales...)

 
At 4:29 pm, January 31, 2007, Blogger Identikit said...

Oh look the beautiful Trac! (Now I'll just say this quietly so she doesn't hear - but tomorrow is her birthday! But don't tell her I told you!)

A straight scotch would indeed be my choice. Very well guessed. Strange that I like it straight really!

And what happened on the previous post? I see that I am down as "anonymous" - was I working undercover that day?

Next time Hull play at Carrow Road you must let me know and I will buy you a pint of scotch! I'd like to see you make it to the ground after that.

 
At 7:00 pm, January 31, 2007, Blogger Istvanski said...

I decided on a bottle of Chivas fed into me by intravenus (?) drip after hearing the "sad" news of PNE's wasted visit to Essex.

So as far as fave tipples go, I guess it's swings and roundabouts.

What happened to the pictures on this blog?

 
At 8:17 pm, January 31, 2007, Blogger Identikit said...

There appear to be a pair of superfluous inverted commas in the comment above. It was indeed very sad news, Istvanski.

We still miss Jon Macken actually. Don't know why he ever went to Palace since all Palace ever do is loan him out to other clubs. He's a star.

 
At 9:45 pm, January 31, 2007, Blogger Istvanski said...

I don't know why Macken ever came to Palace either Tess.

He didn't actually do much, did he?

I think he needs a club like Ipswich to get his old legs back in gear.

 
At 10:37 pm, January 31, 2007, Blogger Stray Photon said...

No idea what happened to the pics: they were there earlier today, and appear to have been STOLEN!

DCI Tennison? Over to you; a CRIME has clearly been committed (and I don't mean just the quality of the blog.)

(I did have to convert from old Blogger to new Blogger yesterday...this might have something to do with it.)

 
At 12:52 am, February 01, 2007, Blogger Trac said...

Ooh am I a suspect?

I haven't been here for ages and then when I drop by, someone steals the photos?

Will DCI Tennison be working undercover again I wonder?

 
At 8:05 pm, February 01, 2007, Blogger Identikit said...

Ah well, I'm glad to see the photos and the crime scene are now back. Do you still wish to pursue the matter, Stray? I do have a prime suspect but since it's her birthday and she is extremely pissed at the moment, perhaps you might consider not pressing charges?

 
At 9:16 pm, February 01, 2007, Blogger Stray Photon said...

seeing as how it's a first offence, let's give her a pass on this one, Guv'nor. She'd only create a scene down the station in any case.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blog Directory